Insights on Northwest Syria - Issue 8
|Post date||Thursday, 29 April, 2021 - 15:04|
|Content Themes||Programme & operations (food security and livelihoods), Food Assistance, Food Security Cluster|
|Sources||Food Security Cluster / Sector|
Click here to read the full February 2021 report.
Key Achievements of the FSL Cluster Partners
- 52 partners implemented SO1, SO2 and SO3 activities in northwest Syria (NWS) in February 2021.
- In February 2021, FSL partners delivered food assistance to the People in Need (PIN), according to the following percentage of beneficiaries reached out in 40 sub-districts in NWS:
- 8 sub-districts reached above 100% PIN,
- 2 sub-districts from 100% to 76% PIN,
- 9 sub-districts from 75% to 51% PIN,
- 8 sub-districts from 50% to 26% PIN, and
- 13 sub-districts were covered by less than 25% PIN.
- In total, 1.89M beneficiaries were assisted through the distribution of 371K regular food assistance by food baskets, cash, or vouchers for food.
- About 51K households (HHs) received a total amount of 3,097,740 USD as vouchers for food (the value is about 60 USD per HH), while 12K HHs received 725,400 USD as cash for food.
- 2.11M beneficiaries had access to bread and flour distributions.
- 326K beneficiaries received Emergency Food Assistance.
- 144K beneficiaries were supported by programs on agriculture, livestock, irrigation and livelihoods assistance over 2 months in January and February 2021.
- In April 2021, in addition to the regular monthly meetings (3 Area Coordination Groups, Agriculture TWG, Livestock TWG, Bread and Bakery CG, FSL Cluster Monthly Meeting) FSL Cluster conducted online meetings with the Turkish Red Crescent (TRC) and participated in the Inter Cluster Coordination Group (ICCG) led by OCHA. The FSL Cluster keeps engaging with Cash Working Group and REACH on a regular basis on capacity building initiatives addressed to FSL Cluster partners, while contributing with OCHA to the Humanitarian Programme Cycle (HPC) and Syrian Cross-border Humanitarian Fund (SCHF) which are currently on-going activities.