Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe

Food Securiy Cluster Dashboard, April 2020

Post date Friday, 22 May, 2020 - 16:00
Document Type Dashboard
Content Themes Response Monitoring
Sources Food Security Cluster / Sector

FSL cluster partners reported by the 18th of May, assistance to over 3.6 million beneficiaries in April 2020. Among them, 95%  of the beneficiaries received in-kind food assistance while the remaining 5% received cash support. Concurrently, a total of 291,000 were supported with agriculture and livelihood. This include 217,000 beneficiaries registered for crop and livestock agriculture inputs assistance by FSL Cluster partners to support the 2020 agricultural season. The FSL Cluster partners also supported 52,000 beneficiaries with extension and advisory services to manage crop pests and livestock diseases while the remaining 18,000 for critical assets rehabilitation.

The GHRP and Zimbabwe HRP2020 COVID19 Addendum was launched on 7th of  May. Although the FSL Cluster Strategic Objectives remain unchanged, complementary activities to cover additional needs and to mitigate the impact of the pandemic are undertaken. These objectives cannot be achieved without considering the impact of COVID-19 to ensure unhindered programme continuity. All existing and new programs need to undertake a reconfiguration process to prioritize populations facing the highest risks and include a comprehensive COVID-19 sensitization campaign. As such, the FSL Cluster requires additional 15.1M USD for the Zimbabwe HRP 2020 Addendum.

Download 2020_april_fsc_5ws_zimbabwe_dashboard.pdf
PDF - 420.54 KB