As a key part of the new Strategic Plan 2020-2022, the Global Food Security Cluster has developed a Learning Programme (gFSCLP) with the aim of enhancing the quality of food security coordination, gap analysis, preparedness, advocacy and information management in the field.
To ensure that Food Security Cluster Coordinators (CCs) and Information management officers (IMOs) gain an appropriate understanding of their roles and responsibilities - in particular in response to IASC Level 3/Scale-up emergencies - the FSCLP includes various modules that include face-to-face as well as e-learning approach.
Moreover the learning programme – open to all FSC members - is a key platform through which the gFSC aims at reinforcing partnership, localization with the principle of collaboration over competition for effective and coherent humanitarian action.
The FSCLP includes:
1. 4-day Face-to-face training for Cluster coordinators & IMOs (temporary suspended) ;
2. A repository of tools for strengthening knowledge in various areas: Cluster Approach, IASC emergencies coordination, food security assessments, information management tools and templates etc.
3. Training of Trainers (ToT) for experienced CCs and IMOs for strengthening localization and coordination at field level (under development);
4. Virtual knowledge sharing & dissemination – done in collaboration also with gFSC technical WGs in different areas: cash, agriculture, programme quality, preparedness, resilience, etc.
5. Joint training with Integrate Phase Classification (IPC) initiative for CCs, IMOs and members aiming at strengthening the analysis of needs for planning a better response;
6. E-learning :
a. Cluster approach, FSC Cluster function & Coordination
- E-learning course on the role and functions of the Food Security Cluster, both at global and national level. It is aimed at building basic Cluster Coordination competencies and providing tools for efficient Food Security Cluster Coordination.
b. Information Management & mapping
- GiS course for Information managers with the aim of ensuring key documents to increase coordination, advocacy, partnership
For more info please contact: