iMMAP - Wheat to Bread Processing Facilities Mapping - Round 3 Q4 2022 NWS
|Post date||Thursday, 29 December, 2022 - 12:27|
|Month(s) covered||2022-10, 2022-11, 2022-12|
|Document Type||Fact Sheet|
|Content Themes||Food Security, Food Security Cluster|
|Sources||Food Security Cluster / Sector, Other|
In collaboration with USAID_BHA partners, NWS Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) Cluster members and Implementing Partners (IPs) as well as NWS Bread and Bakery Technical Working Group (BBTWG) members, iMMAP conducted a regular mapping and monitoring exercise of the public and private wheat-flour to bread processing and production facilities across NWS. The study aims to:
- Map the wheat flour to bread value chain actors, plans, and achievements in NWS.
- Assess the capacity and functionality of the wheat flour to bread processing facilities in NWS including Afrin, Peace Spring, and Euphrates Shield areas.
- Identify production gaps to meet the bread needs of the local population
- Assess availability, accessibility, and affordability of flour and bread
- Identify the main wheat-flour-to-bread production challenges and the needed support to overcome them.
- Provide a clear end-to-end view of the bread supply chain in NWS.