VACANCY - Information Management Specialist for the Food Security Cluster (Roster - Several locations)
|Post date||Thursday, 6 August, 2020 - 08:46|
|Closing date||Thursday, 17 September, 2020 - 23:45|
|Document Type||Vacancy Announcement|
|Sources||Food Security Cluster / Sector|
|Filed under||Job Vacancies|
The Information Management Officer (IMO) is one of the core Food Security Cluster (FSC) Coordination team members and plays a vital role in collecting, analysing, and sharing information that is important for the cluster stakeholders to make informed, evidence based and strategic decisions on:
1. Food security needs and geographic areas of affected populations ;
2. Location and activity of Food Security actors ;
3. Key gaps in activity/program coverage and response overlaps ;
4. Existing capacity (human, material, financial) to be utilised in support of the identified response needs ;
5. Monitoring of the response against the HRP and other set indicators.
The FSC IMO is responsible for the day-to-day management of the FSC IM Tool, under the technical guidance and support of the IM team at the Global FSC. The IMO needs to be able to liaise and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders and acts as a ‘bridge’ between food security decision makers and technical information management (IM) staff. Fundamental to the job is the ability to design (and/or adapt) the right tools to collect and analyse data as well as to present information in a way that is easily understood by the FSC members, and external audience (i.e. graphic means such a mapping but also through tables, charts, and narrative writing).
The Call for Expression of interest is available here.