Programme Policy Officer for Global Food Security Cluster (144501)
|Post date||Monday, 2 August, 2021 - 17:56|
|Closing date||Tuesday, 10 August, 2021 - 23:45|
|Document Type||Vacancy Announcement|
|Sources||Food Security Cluster / Sector|
|Filed under||Job Vacancies|
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF ASSISGNMENT
The Food Security Cluster (FSC) is committed to saving lives through the coordination of the food security response in major emergencies. Effective coordination is only possible through close cooperation with partner organizations. The FSC provides the guidance at the country level that supports a broad base and timely response. The FSC works with national cluster systems in both sudden onset disasters, whether they result from natural or human causes, and protracted crises. It is co-chaired by the WFP and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and include 70 Global partners active in 33 countries around the world. This vacancy announcement covers a position within the global Food Security Cluster team. The global Food Security Cluster team supports country offices through the provision of support, The global Food Security Cluster team is located in Rome and provides strategic, technical and operational support to field-based Food Security Clusters and sectors.
For this challenging position, we are looking for a programme officer with broad operational, programmatic and technical skills, that can guide support country level cluster on a range of issues and help translating country-based approaches/principles into guidance, training and advocacy inputs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide advice and support to country cluster coordinators to perform effective coordination in relation to needs assessments and analysis, response plans preparation, harmonization of programmatic approaches, information management, preparation of appeals, advocacy and resource mobilization, etc;
- Act as a geographical focal point for a number of countries;
- Promote the use of technical standards at country level; provide technical advice or mobilise technical expertise on a wide range of food security cluster related issues.
- Carry out short-term technical support missions and surge missions to respond to emergency needs for food security coordination as per ToR established for each mission;
- Contribute to the implementation of the results of the gFSC strategic Plan 2020-2022; and provide support and technical expertise for the planning and formulation of the next gFSC Strategic Plan
- Establish and strengthen operational and strategic partnerships by contributing to the various gFSC technical multi-stakeholder working groups.
- Contribute to trainings and capacity development initiatives at global and country level with empasis on technical functional training to enhance the capacity of all FSC staff to effectively coordinate food security responses in emergencies.
- Contribute to advocacy and resource mobilization efforts both at country level and at global level;
- Promote awareness and understanding among partners of cross-cutting and people-centric issues;
- Lead, motivate and develop any staff under your supervision
- Represent the gFSC in relevant inter-agency and inter-sectoral fora, as requested
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and other important crosscutting themes in all areas of your work
- Perform any other tasks as requested.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF CONTRACT
- Regular follow-up and calls with countries of responsibility and action plans to support country teams;
- Field mission in support of country food security clusters carried out as required.
- Support the capacity building of FSC CCs through collective and one-on-one trainings, development of training and e-learning materials.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education: Advanced university degree in food security, agriculture, economics, humanitarian affairs or related field
Experience: Minimum 7 years of professional of professional experience in humanitarian field settings at a mid or senior level. Experience in food security related topics. Experience in coordination of multiple stakeholders. Experience with inter-agency coordination or as FSC CC is desirable
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work and plan at strategic, policy and operational levels.Understanding of the international humanitarian response architecture, including humanitarian principles, coordination mechanisms, humanitarian reform and action, and funding mechanisms (e.g. Humanitarian Programme Cycle - HPC, Central Emergency Response Fund and Flash Appeals, Pooled funds).
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to an evolving and complex humanitarian context.
- Ability to express and summarise ideas orally and in writing in a diplomatic and inclusive manner.
- Ability to convene and organise workshops, meetings and to present outcomes in behalf of a group of stakeholders
- Familiarity with food security concepts and frameworks, assessment and monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies.
Language: Fluency (Level C) in English. Intermediate knowledge of at least one other UN language, preferably French.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Tuesday, 10 August 2021
TO APPLY: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=144501&_ga=2.235875335.784065746.1627887607-1202586937.1627887607