National Information Management Specialist for Food Security Cluster/Sector (National of Iraq)
|Post date||Wednesday, 7 April, 2021 - 16:08|
|Closing date||Wednesday, 21 April, 2021 - 23:45|
|Document Type||Vacancy Announcement|
|Sources||Food Security Cluster / Sector|
|Filed under||Job Vacancies|
THIS POST IS FOR A NATIONAL POSITION
Job Posting: 07/Apr/2021
Closure Date: 21/Apr/2021, 11:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FNIRQ
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Iraq-Arbil
Duration: 6 months
The IMO needs to be able to liaise and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders and acts as a ‘bridge’ between food security decision makers and technical information management (IM) staff.
Fundamental to the job is the ability to design (and/or adapt) the right tools to collect and analyse data as well as to present information in a way that is easily understood by the FSC members, and external audience (i.e. graphic means such a mapping but also through tables, charts, and narrative writing).
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the HNO preparation: provide data for FS indicators (based on JIAF); together with FSC-CC, and along with IMWG, analyse the severity of needs and define PiN
- Support the development, together with the FSC-CC and in consultation with sector partners, of the coordination of FSC response plans, strategy and logframe (e.g. HRP);
- Support FSC-CC in creating and monitoring FSC HPC online system for project submission;
- Proactively gather information from FSC partners and other organizations which may be of use in ensuring informed decision-making processes;
- Develop and maintain database about FSC partners’ activities, analyse and process the data, and share final information and products (dashboards, maps, etc.) with FSC partners. Ensure that data is collected and presented in a way consistent with the FSC objectives
- Ensure financial monitoring for cluster response activities (check OCHA FTS);
- Conduct secondary data review, compile an inventory of available assessments and provide FSC partners with a list of available information/data with respective sources on a regular basis (e.g. common Cluster / Sector data sets, including population data disaggregated by age and sex, assessments and other surveys;
- Create and maintain Contact directories and mailing lists;
- Maintain updated gFSC country and the FSC Humanitarian Response webpages with all relevant material;
- Conduct capacity building for FSC partners on IM (e.g. on monitoring / reporting formats, project submission, excel use);
- Contribute to the development of reports (Sitreps, Bulletins, newsletters) by providing the FSC-CC with data and information;
- Assist in organizing FSC Meetings and working groups (if applicable);
- Together with the FSC-CC, support gFSC initiatives, e.g. CCPM (Cluster Coordination Performance Monitoring), global cluster annual overview, global dashboards, etc.;
- Liaise with OCHA and IM Focal Points in other clusters, and attend IM Working Group meetings or other relevant WG meetings – share information as appropriate;
- University Degree-level qualification or equivalent – preferably in Statistics, Economics, Data Management, GIS and other related fields;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in data management and visualisation;
- Experience in humanitarian context is mandatory and experience in food security -related topics is highly desirable;
- Working knowledge of English and knowledge of another official UN language (with working-level proficiency in French, Spanish or Arabic desirable).
- Willingness and ability to work in difficult environments, in often stressful time- critical situations;
- Formal training in Cluster IMO or previous Cluster experience is desirable.
- National of Iraq.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strong knowledge of and experience in using advanced Excel
- Knowledge of data visualization and mapping: ability to collect and organize data for map production, map production (using ArcGIS, QGIS, or any other mapping tools)
- Ability to present information in understandable tables, charts and graphs.
- Ability to maintain and manage website content for the cluster.
- Data storage and file management expertise.
TO APPLY visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. (click here)