Expression of Interest. Coordinator as COVID-19 Focal Point (Rome) - Closure 15 April 2020
|Post date||Thursday, 9 April, 2020 - 12:39|
|Closing date||Wednesday, 15 April, 2020 - 17:30|
|Document Type||Vacancy Announcement|
|Sources||Food Security Cluster / Sector, FAO|
|Filed under||Job Vacancies|
Tasks and responsibilities
S/he will support the FSC cluster at country and HQ level in their efforts to coordinate the Covid 19 response. In particular, s/he will:
1. Facilitate the Covid 19 Working group (C19WG) created among the global partners. The C19WG key results are:
• Result 1: A joint monitoring system is established to: o follow the evolution of the risks and impacts to food systems and food security
o capture global food security partners responses trends
• Result 2: o Specific guidance for existing activities to be implemented under COVID19 risk is identified and/or developed/adapted (when needed), e.g. on training, food assistance, distribution of agricultural inputs, etc. for FSC teams and gFSC partners. This result will be done in close collaboration with the other gFSC-TWGs (Cash & Market, Inter cluster Nutrition, Preparedness & Resilience and Programme Quality)
o Knowledge management products (lesson learned, best practices, etc.) are developed and shared.
• Result 3: Joint Advocacy messages are developed with the gFSC partners as well as other clusters
• Result 4: National, WHO and Health Cluster strategy to mitigate Covid 19 impacts are supported by FSC partners’ efforts.
• Result 5: Information from the wider industry on key issues that may inform response plan scope and focus over time (e.g., economic analysis of impacts on workforce depletion, market price fluctuations on staple food commodities, impact on SMEs and small holder farms in COVID affected countries) is analysed and information shared.
2. Participate in the collection of specific data from the FSC at country level to analyse trends of changes due to the Covid19
3. Participate in the publication of Covid19 information sheet and website page
4. S/he will lead the development of guidance documents related to COVID-19 responses
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in food security, social science, political science or a related field.
• Seven years of relevant experience in inter-agency coordination and field operations management.
• Excellent English (writing and speaking); Working knowledge French
• Results Focus
• Team Work
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
• Demonstrated ability to analyse and respond to complex emergencies;
• Extent and relevance of experience in identifying and preparing programme strategies and policy position on humanitarian and transition contexts, at both global and country levels.
• Extent of knowledge of international humanitarian architecture, including agencies, NGOs, and other partners.
• Extent and relevance of experience in needs assessments, cluster coordination, Humanitarian Programme Cycle process and/or emergency operations for Level 3 emergencies.
• Extent and relevance of experience in rehabilitation and humanitarian policies development, programme formulation and implementation
Please find attached the ToRs for the position and note that fluency in ENGLISH (oral and written) is required.
Kindly submit your application by completing the attached P11 form.
The deadline for application is by COB Wednesday, 15 April 2020.
To apply, send all forms to: email@example.com
Subject: COVID-19 Focal Point