Area Food Security Cluster Coordinator based in Goma, DRC
|Post date||Monday, 30 November, 2020 - 17:11|
|Closing date||Saturday, 5 December, 2020 - 17:00|
|Document Type||Vacancy Announcement|
|Sources||Food Security Cluster / Sector|
|Filed under||Job Vacancies|
The position will be for an initial period of 11 months consultancy,, contracted by WFP.
Starting Date: 1st of January 2021.
Minimum requirement: 5 years of professional experience in humanitarian response at a mid or senior level. Experience in food security related topics is mandatory and experience in the FSC is desirable. Working knowledge of French and English is required.
Should you be interested, please submit your updated PHF/P11 and also indicate your earliest availability date.
Submission deadline by COB Saturday 05 December.
TO APPLY: Please send your applications to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
The Area Food Security Cluster Coordinator (CC) is one of the core Food Security Cluster (FSC) Coordination team members and plays a vital role in ensuring timely, coherent and effective food security interventions by mobilizing stakeholders to respond in a coordinated and strategic manner to a humanitarian crisis. The role of the Area Food Security Cluster Coordinator may vary according to country specific situation and a wide range of stakeholders in:
- Supporting service delivery
- Informing strategic decisions of the Humanitarian Coordinator (HC) and Humanitarian Country Team (HCT)/Country Management Team (CMT)
- Coordinating, Planning, and implementing Cluster strategies, including contingency planning and preparedness
- Monitoring and Evaluating Cluster/Sector performance
- Building national and FSC members capacity in preparedness and contingency planning
- Accountability to affected people
Based in Goma and covering eastern DRC the Area Food Security Cluster Coordinator will work impartially with all members of the FSC and represents the group as a whole, and not a specific agency. S/he will work closely with the UN Humanitarian/Resident Coordinator and the Office of Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) or their designated official as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree in food security, agriculture, economics, humanitarian affairs or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in humanitarian response at a mid or senior level. Experience in food security related topics is mandatory and experience in the FSC is desirable.
- Working knowledge of French and English
- Willingness and ability to work in difficult environments, in often stressful time- critical situations
- Formal training in Cluster CC or previous Cluster experience is strongly desirable.
- Experience of the country or region of deployment is desirable.