Technical Adviser (Food Security And Agriculture Cluster Coordinator - FSAC)
|Post date||Monday, 8 May, 2017 - 15:23|
The FAO Representation in Yemen is responsible for leading FAO's response to country priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO's priority activities in the country. FAO Yemen has provided support not only to emergency agriculture programmes to ensure food security and improve agriculture production but has also supported early recovery and development programmes. Through its emergency and rehabilitation programmes, FAO Yemen has supported vulnerable crops, fisheries and livestock dependent households with technical support while also promoting sustainable land management practices, improved production techniques and technologies and marketing opportunities.
The Technical Adviser reports to the FAO Deputy Representative and the WFP Deputy Director. S/he will work under the general supervision of the FAO Representative and the WFP Representative/Country Director in Yemen. She/he will work impartially with all members of the Cluster and its sub-components, and will serve and represent the group as a whole, and not as an agency officer.
Timely, coherent and effective food security response by mobilizing stakeholders to respond in a strategic manner to a humanitarian crisis.
Comprehensive technical and policy expertise to support the planning, development and implementation of Departmental/Division programmes, projects, products and services in accordance with Departmental/Division objectives and FAO Strategic Objectives.
• Provides technical leadership assistance on the development, the implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects; assists to the review of relevant documents and reports; identifies priorities, liaises with relevant parties; identifies follow-up actions;
• Assists to the coordination of programmes and reviews the assessments of issues and trends for the implementation of programmes and projects and the preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies;
• Assists/supervises preparation of various written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications;
• Contributes to consultative and other meetings, conferences, to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations;
• Participates in activities; structures training workshops, seminars, makes presentations on assigned topics/activities;
• Leads field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties;
• Provides advice to Chief Technical Advisor to develop policies and strategies as well as national protocols and guidelines for projects in specific domains related to FAO's work.
• Enhances and maintains appropriate humanitarian coordination mechanisms with focus on localization including capacity strengthening on coordination if/as required at national and subnational levels;
• Provides support to related coordination mechanisms (e.g. Integrated Food Security Phase Classification [IPC], National technical Working Group and the Livelihoods and Employment technical working group managed as a sub-component of the Early Recovery Cluster) and undertakes/supports needs assessment and analysis;
• Ensures appropriate participatory and community-based approaches;
• Enhances working relationship between nutrition, Global Forum on Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), health, early recovery and other relevant clusters to harmonize and coordinate needs assessment and response for Humanitarian Needs Overviews (HNOs) and Humanitarian Response Plans (HRPs) (preparation of the Yemen Humanitarian Response Plan [YHRP] 2017 mid-year review and 2018 YHRP, Flash Appeal and/or any other UN document); In coordination with other clusters, works on priority programming and coordinated response, where and when relevant;
• Ensures appropriate attention to priority cross-cutting and cross-sectoral issues (e.g. Protection, Gender, Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) Age, HIV and AIDS, and environment) by the partners;
• Represents the Food Security and Agriculture Cluster (FSAC) at the Inter-Cluster Coordination Mechanism (ICCM);
• Coordinates sector-wide emergency preparedness and Rapid Response Mechanisms with relevant partners and national authorities;
• Establishes monitoring and reporting systems as needed through partners participation;
• In coordination with the Cluster Lead Agencies (CLAs) and FSAC partners, assesses the needs for sub national cluster(s), as in Aden for example; and if needed facilitates the formulation of sub national coordination mechanism
• Provides supervision and coaching to FSAC team and revises FSAC team structure as required; includes key humanitarian partners and development partners to bridge the gap between the development and humanitarian responses
• Promotes and ensures preparedness, risk reduction and early recovery actions along the emergency responses;
• Performs other duties as requested.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the iRecruitment website at http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/ and complete your online profile. Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered. Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org